quick links: Physiotherapy Clinic
If you have a question regarding your appointment that is not addressed below please contact our office at 613-966-5015 x 400.
How many appointments will I need?
This varies from patient to patient depending on the scope of your injury. At your first session your physiotherapist will assess the problem and will discuss a treatment plan with you. Your progress will depend on a variety of factors and your physiotherapist will communicate with you along the way to make sure you are comfortable with the plan.
Do you have parking?
You will find ample free parking at the front and left side of the Travelodge Hotel. There are parking spots reserved for the Physiotherapy Clinic, for your convenience. The front entrance is wheelchair accessible as well.
Do you do direct billing for extended health benefits?
We do not do direct billing for extended health benefits. We will provide you with a detailed receipt that you can submit to your provider.
How long will my appointment take?
Please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out the New Patient Forms on your initial visit.
The length of your appointment will vary depending on your situation. Generally initial appointments take approximately one hour and subsequent visits range from 30-45 minutes.
Do I need to bring anything to my appointment?
- Health card
- Referral from physician or nurse practitioner, for OHIP services
- List of current medications
- ODSP/OW statement for those who qualify under this category
- Shorts- If you are being treated for a back, hip, knee, ankle or foot problem
- Shoes/orthotics- If you have a lower extremity injury related to a sport it may be helpful for you to bring whatever shoes (including orthotics) you use to participate in that sport.
Do I qualify for OHIP Funding?
Clinic services are funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health (OHIP) for:
- Children 19 years of age and younger
- Seniors 65 years of age and older
- Clients recently discharged as an inpatient from a hospital, and in need of physiotherapy clinic services related to the condition, illness or injury for which they were admitted to the hospital
- Clients eligible for funding of services under the Ontario Disability Support (ODSP) or Ontario Works (OW) programs.
A referral from your physician or nurse practitioner is required.
Do I need a doctor’s referral to come to physiotherapy?
Yes, a referral from your doctor or nurse practitioner is required for funding under the OHIP model. However, if you plan to attend for private pay services a referral from your doctor is not required. Some private insurance companies require a doctors referral before providing extended coverage however each one is different so it is best to check your personal plan.