“Physiotherapy is the primary health care profession that promotes wellness, mobility,
and independent function. Physiotherapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well, and how to restore mobility.”
– The Canadian Physiotherapy Association
Quinte Rehab offers Private and OHIP Funded Physiotherapy.
Common conditions treated at our community physiotherapy clinic include:
- Respiratory conditions
- Musculoskeletal injuries and conditions
- Post-surgical recovery
- Neurological conditions
Specialized services include:
- Sports Injuries
- Upper extremity and hand injury
- Pain management
Quinte Rehab is approved for Ministry of Health OHIP funded Physiotherapy Services.
The Ministry of Health is funding the delivery of Physiotherapy Services to assist eligible clients who require physiotherapy assessment, diagnosis and treatment provided at a community based physiotherapy clinic.
Clinic services are funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health (OHIP) for:
- Children 19 years of age and younger
- Seniors 65 years of age and older
- Clients recently discharged as an inpatient from a hospital, and in need of physiotherapy clinic services related to the condition, illness or injury for which they were admitted to the hospital
- Clients eligible for funding of services under the Ontario Disability Support (ODSP) or Ontario Works (OW) programs.
For those not eligible for OHIP funded services physiotherapy is often covered through private pay Extended Health Insurance. Call to inquire for details.
For OHIP funded services, the client must be referred by a Physician or Nurse Practitioner.